Dear Akureyri Residents
We want Akureyri to be an even more attractive municipality to live in by encouraging its residents to hone their skills and create opportunities of their own. We want to have both the variety of work and play offered by large cities, while at the same time preserving the more amicable and neighbourly atmosphere that characterises modestly sized municipalities. Our aim is to strengthen the individual and thus enable him to go far in life, while providing security for those in need. Our goal is to offer good services to townsfolk and create a sound foundation for innovation and variety in industrial enterprise. We plan to realize our goal of having ''all the finest qualities of life'' in our fair town of Akureyri.
- We pledge our support to variety in industry.
- We will support businesses and institutions in our town.
- We will shorten the waiting time for medical services.
- We will secure electrical power transfer to our community.
- We support continued operations of Reykjavík Airport at its current location.
- We support continued development of Hlíđarfjall skiing facilities.
- Glerárgata shall not be narrowed
- We support shorter summer closures in preschools.
- We emphasize information and communication technology both in preschools and primary schools.
- We support an increase in the allocation of funds for children´s sports and recreational activities.
- Let's strengthen industry in Hrísey and Grímsey.
- Let's increase international air traffic via Akureyri Airport.
- Let's continue with cultural activities.
- Continued development of outdoor facilities for recreational activities.